Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gift: The Land of Milk & Honey Facial Mask

Ever heard the colloquialism, "A day late, and a dollar short"?  Well, I'm a day late, but my goal this Christmas is to be anything but a buck short. Not too uncommon of a goal, I think. Hopefully this 25-day advent calendar inspired do-it-yourself blog will help both of us with that.

So, to kick it all off, I bring to you a wonderful (in my oh-so-humble opinion) recipe for an ultra-purifying and delectable smelling mask. It's simple to make, using only three ingredients, and has an incredibly long shelf-life (Read: Can be made well in advance). Plus it's completely natural as well as chalk full of vitamins and minerals to tone, draw out impurities, and soften your the person you're giving this to's skin. I'm pretty sure most women would enjoy this pampering gift, I know I just did. 


The Shopping List:
2 heaping tablespoons Dead Sea Mud *
2 heaping teaspoons Raw Honey
4 drops Orange Essential Oil
1 Small Jar for mask

* I purchase most of my "raw materials" from the website Camden-Grey Essential Oils. You can purchase the Dead Sea Mud here
.


Start by measuring out Dead Sea Mud into a clean mixing bowl. Add honey and drops of essential oil. Breathe in deeply, because the orange smells lovely. Dead Sea Mud is renowned as a natural beautifier and is sold my the bucket load to health spas all over the world. This is due to its high concentration of skin nurturing minerals.




Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy (yes, mud can be creamy). Honey is a natural anti-bacterial agent. This means it cleans deeply. It's also a hydrator, so it moisturizes as it cleans. Typically I use it alone as my daily face wash because it's so effective at what it does.


Spoon into small jar. I found these jars at Jo-Ann Fabric for $1 each! They are so perfect for homemade toiletries. Plus they have those old-timey snap lids, which are my favorite--cute and secure.


Voila! Your gift is made! You can always fancy this up with a ribbon, or even use Sharpie paint pens to write  a festive word on the jar. I would do something more to decorate it before giving it to a friend, but this jar I'm claiming as my own. So no niceties needed. =) Staye tuned for tomorrow's post!

23 Days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment